Soft + Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies (GF + Refined-Sugar Free)
Soft + Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
I am always trying to come up with or modify recipes to keep them quick and convenient yet healthy. A “clean” peanut butter cookie (or a nut-butter based cookie) is one I have not had luck with for years..until now! Super kid-friendly for the amazing taste and mom/nutritionist approved. I have not tried this recipe with almond butter yet, so can’t vouch for it but it would be another healthy and more “allergy-friendly” alternative.
Something about peanut butter cookies brings me back to my childhood. It was a straightforward recipe to make – something that we, as kids, were easily able to help with. Today, I have my toddler son helping out in the kitchen making these healthified version, which he equally loved to eat too!
Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
(makes 6-8 cookies)
- 1 whole organic egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2c. natural peanut butter (no added sugar!)
- 1/3c. + 2tbsp. ground almond flour
- 1/4c. coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix all wet ingredients into a bowl. Do the same with the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add wet into dry and mix thoroughly.
- Roll into small balls and place on a baking sheet. Use a fork to “criss-cross” and gently press down.
- Place in oven for 8-10 minutes.