Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies (GF + Refined-Sugar Free)
“Cookies” can absolutely be transformed into a healthy snack! That’s what I have certainly learned to master. Between having two babies and having quite the appetite, I love quick snacks that I can grab for both myself and my toddler son.
These would fall under the “keto” category due to its healthy fats and low-carb ratio. They’re also gluten-free and refined-sugar free with the latter being a goal in our household when it comes to making things from scratch!
I primarily bake with almond flour as frequently as possible. The texture of almond flour once baked is soft and moist. It doesn’t really dry out which is perfect for baked goods. Almond flour also has great benefits and remains a superb gluten-free option.
These cookies are rich in healthy fats to support your hormones and brain health. The coconut sugar does not make the cookies have a coconut taste which is not intended! The coconut sugar does keep blood sugar levels stable, offer many other health benefits and gives the desired type of sweetness.
Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
(makes 6 cookies)
- 4 tbsp. grass-fed organic butter, soft or swap for 4 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/3 c. coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 organic egg
- 1 1/2 c. almond flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 c. minus 1 tbsp. dairy free chocolate chips or regular dark chocolate chips of choice
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Whip together the butter, coconut sugar, vanilla and egg in a large bowl.
- Mix in the almond flour until well-blended along with the baking soda. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the cookie dough by rounded tablespoons and place apart (they do spread when baking), flatten them gently.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Do check by 10 minutes depending your oven.
- Let the cookies cool and enjoy!