Ground Almond Muffins
This ground almond muffin recipe goes way back. I remember when my mom started making them when I was a kid. It was one of the first baking recipes that we experimented with ground almond as a base ingredient. Such a vivid memory!
Baking With Ground Almond
If you haven’t baked with ground almond before, know that the texture is very dense and a little nutty. I personally find it much more filling than a carbohydrate-rich base like oats. You’ll eat just one muffin and you’ll be full!
This is a great gluten-free alternative that is easy to bake with. If you see “almond flour” as opposed to “ground almond” in the grocery store, either work fine with this recipe.
Ground almond has many great benefits. It also:
- Contains prebiotic dietary fiber. This means it’s great for the gut. This supports overall immune function, improves general digestive functioning and helps promote successful elimination and detoxification pathways.
- Contains magnesium. Magnesium is one of the first minerals to be flushed away when the body is under chronic stress or for those that consume caffeine regularly. You can read more about adrenal fatigue here and see if magnesium support (dietary or supplemental) may be beneficial for you.
- Rich in Vitamin E which acts as an excellent antioxidant and can help to prevent chronic illnesses and cancer.
- Has a low glycemic index which makes it a great option for stabilizing blood sugar levels and supporting optimal health. If you have adrenal fatigue, PCOS, stubborn mid-section weight, heightened PMS symptoms or gut dysbiosis, it is important to focus on a diet that consists of low-glycemic foods and meals.
To book a free 15-minute consultation with our practitioner, head over to this page. During a consultation you will discuss your health needs, symptoms you may be experiencing and goals in a short and very insightful 1-1 chat.
Making Your Muffins Even Better!
You can add in different options to make your muffins more customized for you! Here are some great suggestions that I have tried with this recipe before:
- Frozen blueberries
- Frozen raspberries
- Chopped walnuts
- Slivered almonds (for texture)
- Chocolate chips (dairy free option as well)
- Hemp seeds
Snacks In-Check, But What Else?
You’re here for an awesome snack recipe that will help push you towards your goals- that’s great! We like to remind you that we have free 30-minute workouts on our YouTube channel that are uploaded every week. Beyond your success in the kitchen, we are committed to your success all around! Join us there for some more fun!
Ground Almond Muffin Recipe
Ground Almond Muffins
- 2 1/2 c. ground almond
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 c. pure honey
- 1/4 c. melted coconut oil
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 1/2 mashed, ripe bananas can do 2 full bananas
- 1/3 c. chocholate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375F. In a mixing bowl, thoroughly mash the bananas.
- Add all wet ingredients to the banana mixture and combine well.
- Add ground almond, chocolate chips and baking powder to a separate mixing bowl. Mix well then add to the wet mixture.
- Stir well. Line a muffin tray with muffin liners. Separate the mixture so each muffin tin is filled evenly.
- Bake at 375F for 20 minutes.